Scheduled Professional Development on Campus:
- Jan. 28 and Feb 25th: Taking Note-taking to new Levels: focus on Science and Math
- Feb 10 and March 9th: Taking Note-taking to New Levels: Focus on Humanities etc.*
- Jan 29-31st: Newer Teacher Retreat Jesuit West
- March 20th: In-service Day: On March 20th we will continue our focus on the Purpose Dimension. The workshop will bring a focus on prioritizing standards. Next month we will send out the agenda for the day.
- March 31st- Allison Park from Blink Consulting will be providing three workshops throughout the day. We received Fulcrum grant money the the diversity office secured to have Allsion come to our campus. We will have an early release that day which is a Bday and classes 5,7,8 will be held. In the morning a group of students will participate in the workshop, In the afternoon after lunch, Employees will participate in the workshop and in the evening there will be a workshop for parents. The workshops are approximately 2 hours long. Attached is a link to the Blink consulting and Allison Park. We are finalizing the details for the workshops and will send them out as soon as it is completed.
*note the Jan. 28th note-taking workshop will combine with the Feb. 10th group due to conflicts in schedules.
Justice Summit: Role of the Teacher this month
- Review your standards and curriculum and consider ways in which you can build in an awareness or opportunity for students to explore race in the content you teach.
- Encourage students to view the art displayed by the art department
- Consider checking out a book from our Justice Summit book sharing found in the faculty lounge in the Main A- Building
- Engage students in the activities shared out through Ignatian Formation Class.
- February 1-2: Manresa
- February 22-24: Men’s Encounter
- March 7-9: Women’s Encounter
Please remember to write Palanca for our Junior retreatants. There are only 2 encounters this year.
Campus Ministry Committee
The campus ministry committee meets monthly to discuss all components of the campus ministry and formation programs. We currently are looking closely at the expectations for the different roles in campus ministry. Last meeting we focused on the role of the chaplain, and Fr. Gerry joined us in the discussion of the chaplain role of the future.
In the future we will open a discussion with the Liturgical team.
- Feb. 7th Lisieux Mass
- Feb. 13th Sophomore Class Mass
- Feb. 26th All School Ash Wednesday Mass (1,6,3,4)